Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Stage 6 Preview 2013 Tour De France



Stage 6 continues west to Montpellier

Stage 6 from Aix-En-Provence to Montpellier should be another one for the sprinters. A mostly flat stage with only one categorized climb, and it is a cat-4, and it comes with over 100k left to ride. At 176 kilometers in length stage 6 should be an average day with a bunch sprint finish.



I am going with Cavendish tomorrow. His lead-out train was impressive today, and he is certainly a top favorite for stage 6. With four of my first five picks coming in second, I am hoping to break the pattern. Temperatures are expected to be in the high 80’s (around 30 c) for Thursday’s stage 6, so keeping hydrated and preventing overheating will be important.



Stage 6 Profile


I will do the best I can to post regularly over the July 4 holiday. Fortunately stage 7 looks like another sprint, but stage 8 to Ax 3 Domaines is when the real fun begins! 


No comments:

Post a Comment